December 2, 2013

Hello December

 
 

 
 
 
[Alexandria, VA]
Ok...so we are a little excited about Christmas. But let's be honest, who ISN'T?! Lights, trees, christmas  music, food, gifts, family, fireplaces, reindeer, hot cocoa, fireplaces, books, snow, every possible Christmas movie (favs: Grinch, Elf, Christmas vacation, home alone, polar express...), decorations, pie, shopping, Christmas cards, holiday cheer, the list could seriously go on & on...but you get the point.
Our sweet little baby tree was born on December 1st, 2013. She has beautiful lights, loves water/sprite, smells good & is still in process of becoming a women. Every chance we get, we turn on She & Him Christmas Pandora station (yes Pandora is so yesterday but it works for us). I am so tempted to listen to it during work because I feel like I can never get enough & December goes by waaay to quickly. Tomorrow night we are excited to go see the Christmas Carol at the Ford's Theater for date night & this weekend we are heading to NY with the Anderson's to do some more Christmas festivities! It really is neat celebrating the holidays as a married couple. I feel like there is so much more energy & gratitude in me because I get to enjoy it with someone I love. Not that I don't love my family, it is just different. There is an ounce of understanding of how someone could love another human so so much & want to give their life for them. It helps me to see how much our Savior loves everyone of his children. This season is a time to celebrate His birth & the joy He brought to the world. Without Him, I am nothing. I hope we all can embrace the true meaning of Christmas & soak all of it in.
 
because Christ walked such a long,
lonely path
u t t e r l y   a l o n e
we do not have to . . .
 
Jeffrey R. Holland
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment