July 6, 2013

national anthem



















[District of Columbia] Our celebration of Independence day was one we will never forget. Since last year while we were dating we went to a Dodger's game, we decided to make it a tradition to go to a baseball game every 4th of July! What is more American than a baseball game, Neil Diamond & a hot dog? Everyone was screaming & cheering with the patriotic get up on & believe it or not I felt unified with the whole stadium because of it. We had, in our opinion, the best seats in the park: the last row. Shade the entire game & a nice breeze in behind our backs because no one was sitting behind us. After the Nationals beat the Milwaukee Brewers, we headed back to our place for a break from the sun before we met up with some friends at Prospect Hill Park. They had camped out all day to save the most perfect spot to watch the fireworks that were being shot off between the Washington Monument & the Lincoln Memorial. Too much food was served which means too much food was eaten - should be working out right about now - but it was totally worth it. I brought this pinterest recipe of watermelon & blueberries covered in this mint/lime citrus dressing. It was a hit! (see recipe below) Along with everyone else in America, fireworks are always the cherry on top. I even teared up a little bit because ever since I married Adam, I've had a deeper understanding & love for the founding fathers & what our country offers its people compared to other nations. I am so grateful to have the freedom that I do - to think, believe, & live the way that I live.


H a p p y  B i r t h d a y  A m e r i c a 
 ! ! !


4th of July Watermelon

1/4 cup brown sugar
Juice of two limes
1 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
1 pint blueberries
1 watermelon, diced

Whisk together the brown sugar and lime juice until the sugar has dissolved. Gently stir in the blueberries and mint.
Layer watermelon and citrus dressing to create a towering dessert or toss in a bowl. Serve. Or let marinate in the fridge for a few hours to allow watermelon to absorb more flavor. 
ENJOY. 



1 comment:

  1. That recipe sounds amazing I need to try it! And that shirt? Anthro right? I want!!!! I'm so glad you're doing this blog so I can see what you guys are up to out there. We miss you so much! Love you.

    ReplyDelete