July 17, 2013

life via instagram
















[Alexandria, VA] 
Here is a recap of what our lives have consisted of via instagram. 
In May, we officially moved into the Mt. Vernon Ward & received callings this last week. Adam got called to be the 2nd counselor in the Young Men's Presidency & they placed me in Young Women's as the MiaMaid advisor. Both of us were so excited to be able to work with the youth of this area. Literally, I feel like I am one of them because it hasn't been too long since I was. It is a totally different world than being in Relief Society (if you know what I mean). There are only a handful of girls but it is important to focus on each one & let them know that we care. 
Over these last few weeks, Ava & I have made edible finger paints, had picnics while watching Despicable Me (which is the only movie that grabs her attention longer than 15 minutes), & went on an adventure strawberry picking in Maryland. Our favorite things to do are catch fireflies 
& listen to the rain. I try to sneak in a few thank you cards from our wedding because we got back our photos from the Open House! If looking for a wedding photographer, I highly recommend Tracy Hill (her work is phenomenal)! 
Anthropologie has kept me busy by working about 3-4 nights a week. It is exhausting but totally worth every second! I absolutely adore the girls & 
have been good by not spending all of my paychecks (shockingly). 
I turned 22 on June 11th & celebrated by scrounging around some thrift stores, buying plants for my pots we used at our wedding, being surprised by my husband with a few gifts & going out to dinner to Cafe Berlin which is the same place he took me the night we got engaged. 
To sum up, it was a perfect birthday & I am so grateful for my loved ones who made it special. The next weekend, Adam's brother Chris came in town & we got to play around & see a lot of the sites that we haven't seen since January. Chris made us laugh & gave us a piece of home. It is been decided that we want to end up on the west coast because being near family is so important to us. 
Especially when little babies are brought into the world! Since we've been out here, Adam's sister Emily welcomed Hazel Jane Rytting & my brother Tanner welcomed Sawyer Larsen Wells into their families. It hurts my heart to think that I STILL haven't met them! 
(Good thing we are escaping to California for the weekend
Cannot wait to be with my family & see all my nieces & nephews! 
CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!! 



F a m i l y 
like branches on a tree
we all grow in different directions
yet are roots remain as one. 




1 comment: